- Common cards are the weakest and can be found in abundance. They are acquired throughout the game, most frequently as mission rewards. Common cards can also be acquired through the game's Friendship Pack for 200 Friendship Points. One free draw from the Friendship Pack is given to players daily.
- Rare cards are slightly more powerful than commons and will usually make up the core of a beginner's deck. They can acquired by drawing from the Galaxy Card Pack using an GCP Claim Ticket, through trade with other players, or, very infrequently, through the Friendship Pack. Additionally, players can acquire rare cards by collecting artifacts and by accomplishing certain feats during events.
- High Rare cards are the next most powerful cards. High rares tend to make up the core of most players' decks. They can be acquired from special promotional card packs as well as the Galaxy Card Pack; the chances of acquiring one with a GCP are good. They can also be found by accomplishing certain feats during events.
- Super Rare cards are the second strongest, and even more rare than high rare cards. They can be acquired from special promotional card packs, as well as the Galaxy Card Pack, though the chances of acquiring one with a GCP are slim. They can also be earned by ranking high or accomplishing difficult tasks during events.
- Ultra Rare cards are the strongest, and also the rarest. They can be acquired from special promotional card packs, as well as the Galaxy Card Pack, though the chances of acquiring one through the GCP are very slim. They can also be found by ranking among the top players or alliances in events.
In addition to these basic levels, players may fuse two of the same card into an EX version. Note that fusing cards into the EX version is permanent and cannot be undone. To get the strongest possible EX, also known as "PM" or "Perfect Matured", one must enhance the card completely before fusing.
Unlike other similar games, you cannot fuse cards to the next rarity level; Common cards will not fuse into Rare cards, Rare cards will not fuse into High Rare cards, etc. Referral Cards are the exception.